- Presentations are typically filled with data, but the data is the language of computers, not people. Our brains have evolved to process and store information based on stories, images, and emotions. Learn how to use these three “deep hooks” to create an immediate and lasting impact on your audience.
- Every presenter is faced with the dual challenge of keeping their audience engaged throughout their presentation and of helping their audience remember the key points from their presentation. Fortunately, there has been a lot of scientific research recently on attention and memory, and the results are both fascinating and extremely usable. By lining up these results with practical techniques and insight gleaned over years of observation and experience, we’ve crafted a workshop that gives you the opportunity to experience for yourself what it feels like to be fully engaged, to understand why you’re engaged, and to leave with the tools to engage your own audiences.
- Participants will learn:
- How to find, develop and deliver good stories
- How to add images effectively to their presentations
- How to incorporate appropriate emotional content
Steve Samson of Samson Speaking
Steve is a trainer, speaker, consultant and coach specializing in presentations, training facilitation and other forms of public speaking. Steve has been delivering training in one form or another for most of his professional career. He began teaching basic Macintosh operations and software back in 1988 and before long he was teaching a wide variety of software on both Macintosh and Windows platforms. From there, Steve started creating custom training curriculum and trainer development programs, which eventually expanded into business skills and communication training. Since 2002, Steve’s focus has been on training and coaching presenters and public speakers, and on coaching trainers and instructional designers to improve the quality and effectiveness of the training that they develop and deliver.